2 Corinthians 1:20
You know what always gets a yes? Every single promise God has made. They are all yes in Christ. Jesus unlocked the “yes” to all God’s promises when He came to give his life in our place. When Jesus prayed “Father, if possible, let this cup pass from me” God answered “no” and with that God’s promises to us became “yes”.
- God’s promise to save us – yes in Christ
- God’s promise to adopt us as children – yes in Christ
- God’s promise to provide for us – yes in Christ
- God’s promise to protect us – yes in Christ
- God’s promise to work all things for good to those who love Him – yes in Christ.
- God’s promise to give us the kingdom – yes in Christ
- God’s promise that death is not the end, but we can live eternally – yes in Christ
Are you living in the fullness of God’s YES to you in Christ Jesus? Or to put it another way: Have you said yes to all of God’s YES’ to you? Are there any of God’s YES’ to you to which you are saying NO or MAYBE or NOT NOW?
In response to God’s “yes” we say “amen”. His yes, our amen. We focus on Gods Promises, they are substance, truth. When we focus on the promises of God in Christ
which are yes then He gets the glory through our lives!
Amen is the declaration that God is the Giver of all good things. Amen affirms God’s grace, His goodness, His
power, His wisdom. His glory, our benefit. Amen is our YES to the glory of God. AMEN means, YES, Lord, you can do
it. It means, YES, Lord, you are powerful. YES, Lord, you are wise. YES, Lord, you are merciful. AMEN is a
declaration of faith, a lifestyle that lays aside the sin and the weight that drags us down and looks unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith!
2 Corinthians 1:20-22 / Ephesians 3:20
Which brings us back to the question… Are you living in the fullness of God’s YES to you in Christ Jesus? Have you said YES to all of God’s YES’? Are there any of God’s YES’ to which you are saying NO or MAYBE or NOT NOW?