Let’s break it down.
- Thief – a stealer. He comes for these reasons…
- To steal – filch (to steal, especially in a sly way, a stick with a hook on the end of it), steal
- To kill – to kill, immolate (especially by fire) sacrifice, slaughter, slay
- To destroy – destroy completely, literally and figuratively
Are you holding on to those promises? Are you trusting and believing in those promises?
How do we have Abundant Life? The promise is for us, but how do we walk in it. I believe identifying and examining some people, some places, and some things in our life will help us have and maintain “Abundant Life”.
- People – Matthew 10:34-37
- Places – Matthew 10:12-14
- Matthew 13:57-58
- Any place that rejects Jesus can be a life stealer. The “world” can steal life but Jesus encourages His disciples.
- John 16:33
- Things – Luke 12:15
- Colossians 2:20-23
- The absence of stuff, material things, and possessions doesn’t mean that you will have life. What you do with what you have determines whether or not it steals life.
Identifying Life Givers
- People – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- God, Jesus, Holy Spirit. You can’t get any more life giving than them. Also, people who speak life, people of the Light.
- Phil 2:14-16
- Places – Matthew 5:14-16
- Wherever you are, that place should be a place that brings life.
- Things – 1 Corinthians 6:12-14